Americans Love Casinos More Than Ever In 2019
The concept of a house where people would get together and play gambling games is not really an American invention. In fact, gambling houses existed even during ancient times. The first casino ever was opened in Venice, Italy, back in the 18th century.
Yet, whenever someone talks about casinos, the US is usually considered to be the country that has the closest relation to casinos. Slots, roulette, baccarat, blackjack, poker, and other popular casino games were developed and perfected in the US, with millions of Americans playing games in land-based casinos every day.
Nowadays, many can play online casino games legally, as several states already approved online gambling.
One of the reasons why casinos are so popular in the US is because Americans love this kind of entertainment. Land-based casinos are almost always filled with people playing slots or enjoying other table or card games. But what do the citizens of the US really think about gambling and the entire industry?
Looking for somewhere to play online? Bet Online accepts all US players and offers a $1000 real money signup bonus for casino, sports betting and poker.
According to research conducted by the American Gaming Association (AGA) in October 2019, a total of 49 percent of American adults have a positive view of the industry. In comparison to 2018, that’s four percent more, meaning a lot of people actually changed their minds when it comes to the industry.
The research was first unveiled during the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) back in October.
More Americans Have A Favorable View Of The Industry
The number of people who view the industry as favorable increased in the US, and that coincides with the fact that casino visitation had been higher than ever in 2019. Casinos nowadays are continuously growing and improving, providing top-notch entertainment for visitors and a firm basis for the economic growth of the area where they are located.
According to the research, the number of Americans who visited a casino in 2019 was 44 percent, which is almost nine percent more compared to 2018.
Moreover, when being asked whether they want to visit a casino in 2020, a total of 49 percent of people asked stated that they do. In 2018, that number was 41 percent. In other words, more Americans are interested in this type of entertainment and want to be a part of the industry.
Although 49 percent of people see casinos as favorable, that doesn’t mean that the other 51 percent have an unfavorable view. On the contrary, a total of 57 percent of the people who were part of the research stated that casinos have a positive impact on local economies.
Moreover, 71 percent of people believe that casinos are good because they create jobs for people all over the US.
A total of 67 percent of Americans believe that the type of entertainment provided by casinos is of high quality, and 63 percent believe that options in casinos can be described as innovative.
Therefore, it’s safe to conclude that Americans overall believe that the casino industry is moving forward and is being upgraded along the way.
The results are more than positive, as nine out of 10 Americans believe gaming as one of the mainstream kinds of entertainment.
Therefore, the casino industry in America has never been better, and the view of it is more favorable than ever. The amount of money casinos earned last year is $75.4 billion, which is more than ever, according to data presented by the National Indian Gaming Commission and the State of the States report.
Bill Miller, President and CEO of the American Gaming Association, stated that the favorability of the gaming industry had “never been higher.” He added that gaming had been expanding across America very quickly recently and that more US citizens than ever engaged in this type of entertainment.
Related US Gambling Articles:
- AGA Survey Reveals Voters Have Positive Thoughts On Casinos Economic Contribution
- The Stars Group Has Massive First Quarter
- Nevada Gaming Revenue Takes Slight Dip In October
- Slots and Table Game Revenue Down In September In AC
- Nevada Casinos August Boost — Sports Betting and Table Games Dominant
- Casinos In Atlantic City Beat The Odds With Unexpected Profit Gains