Lex Veldhuis kicked off 2023 on a high note after winning several PokerStars events last year. He won a $215 buy-in Pot-Limit Omaha PKO tournament that partly formed the New Year Series.
Still, Veldhuis won the $109 buy-in Fast 5 PKO tournament. New Year Series 84-M: $215 PLO 6-Max PKO attracted 484 players and had a $100,000 guarantee. Each player at the final table was assured to get almost $2,000 including bounties.
The $215 PLO 6-Max PKO Final Table's Results
- Lex "L. Veldhuis" Veldhuis from Belgium- a $19,637 total prize; $11,781 bounties and a $7,856 prize
- SiiliSuhonen from Finland- a $8,800 total prize; $945 bounties and a $7,855 prize
- Brummfix from Germany- a $6,082 total prize; $1,428 bounties and a $4,654 prize
- lazutina from Finland- a $5,999 total prize; $2,685 bounties and a $3,314 prize
- canabenol from Ukraine- a $3,010 total prize; $650 bounties and a $2,360 prize
- Sasuke234 from Sweden- a $1,881 total prize; $200 bounties and a $1,681 prize
- anonymstruts from Sweden- a $2,097 total prize; $762 bounties and a $1,335 prize
"Sasuke234" and "aonymstruts" got busted first at the table. "canabenol" and "lazutina" followed them in fifth and fourth place respectively. "Brummfix" exited the tournament in third place and set up a heads-up match between "SiiliSuhonen and Veldhuis.
Each of the two remaining players was assured of receiving at least $7,856 in the prize pool and battled it out for the five-figure final bounty. Veldhuis won $19,637 and SiiliSuhonen received $8,000 after finishing second.
milanov888 Wins the $1,050 NLHE 6-Max Tournament
The event attracted 326 entrants who formed a $326,000 prize pool which the leading 41 players shared. Artur "mararthur" Martirosian busted the money bubble. Some of the players who won money included "Sintoras," Pablo "Pabritz" Brito Silva, Vlad "dariepoker" Darie, David "MissOracle" Yan, and Jans "Graftekkel" Arends.
The Final Table's Results
- milanov888 from Bulgaria-$61,081
- Claas "SsicK_OnE" Segebrecht from Austria-$44,472
- Samuel ""€urop€an" Vousden from Finland-$32,379
- 13santoy13 from Canada-$23,575
- Gobenni from brazil-$17,164
- Will "molswi47" Molson from Canada-$12,497
- neverstandard from Brazil-$10,118
neverstandard got busted first at the final table. Will Molson, Gobenni, 12santoy13, and Samuel Vousden followed him in sixth, fifth, fourth, and third places respectively.
milanov888 and Claas Segebrecht clashed in heads-up action and failed to make a deal on the prize money. This enabled milanov888 to bag $61,081 while Segebrecht took home $44,472.
Stoyan Obreshkov Wins $23,074 in The Grand
Stoyan Obreshkov was the last player standing in the $1,050 buy-in The Grand tournament that attracted 103 players. This occurred while the PartyPoker Championship (PPC) Winter event was in full swing at PartyPoker.
The Final Table's Results
- Stoyan Obreshkov from Bulgaria-$23,074
- Jan Strazisar from Slovenia-$15,026
- Jans Arends from Austria-$10,468
- Matthew Stumpf from Canada-$7,549
- Blaz Zerjav from Slovenia-$5,731
- Matthew Staples from Canada-$4,686
- Alex Gelinski De Carvalho from Brazil-$4,039
- Leon Sturm from Austria-$3,509
- Preben Stokkan from the United Kingdom-$2,995
The nine-handed final table comprised talented poker players. Stumpf was the last finalist to get a four-figure score.
Jans Arends left the table in the third position with $10,468 and set-up heads up action against Strazisar and Obreshkov. But, Obreshkov overpowered Strazisar and got the top prize while his opponent won $15,026.