The 888poker XL Spring Series Main Event attracted 1,821 players who formed a $500,000 prize pool. Yet, "lxiltxZtKQn" was the last entrant seated at the final table, and they won $38,263 after going wire-to-wire.
What Were the Event's Top Prizes?
- lxiltxZtKQn from Brazil – a $38,263 total prize; $1,738 bounties and a $36,525 prize
- luttekikker from Malta – a $31,438 total prize; $4,738 bounties and a $26,700 prize
- r4ndomr4gs from Sweden – a $21,494 total prize; $1,869 bounties and a $19,625 prize
- Rochinh2011 from Brazil – a $17,583 total prize; $3,158 bounties and a $14,425 prize
- Hiisoka93 from Brazil – a $12,413 total prize; $1,738 bounties and a $10,675 prize
- ckb4714 from the United Kingdom – a $10,239 total prize; $2,289 bounties and a $7,950 prize
- betsoares from Brazil – a $14,792 total prize; $8,817 bounties and a $5,975 prize
- buicanalex from Romania – a $7,183 total prize; $2,658 bounties and a $4,525 prize
- xxBanioNxx from Ireland – a $5,398 total prize; $1,948 bounties and a $3,450 prize
The Final Table's Action
xxBanioNxx was the first poker player to leave the table. buicanalex followed them in eighth place with $7,183. betsoares' run ended in seventh place after several minutes and they took home $14,792.
ckb4714, a regular 888poker player was eliminated in sixth place after losing a battle for the blinds to Luttekikker. The former used pocket nines to call off their chips while the latter used ace-five of hearts to double up.
Even so, the first three community cards were hearts hence sending ckb4714 packing.
Hiisoka93 got busted in the fifth position with $12,413 after Luttekikker regained some chips. The former used ace-jack of clubs to make a six big blinds open-shove and the latter used dominating ace-nine of hearts to look them up.
Luttekikker lacked a flush time but the flop earned them a nine and put Hiisoka93's run at risk. Still, Luttekikker got another scalp from Rochinh2011 who used ace-queen to put their remaining stack in on an eight-deuce-nine flop.
Even so, Luttekikker used king-nine to snap-call. The river and turn bricked for Rochinh2011 and eliminated him.
lxiltxZtKQn reduced the field to two players after they busted r4ndomr4gs in third place. The former used ace-king to make a 500,000 min-raise while r4ndomr4gs used queen-nine to call.
r4ndomr4gs used revealed two hearts after check-calling a 402,187 wager on a ten-ace-eight flop. They got a 550,000 lead on the offsuit eight run and later made a 1,979,844 jam on the seven of diamonds river.
lxiltxZtKQn used flopped pair of aces to call before busting r4ndomr4gs and setting up heads-up action against Luttekikker. The latter used ten-eight of clubs to make a 16 big blind open-shove in the final hand while the former used a superior king-queen to call.
None of them got the flop. Yet, lxiltxZtKQn's king-high eliminated Luttekikker in second place with $31,438.