"quvai" rarely faces tough components at 888poker events. Yet, he won $800, his biggest career score in May 2022.
The German player bought in less than $2 before advancing to Tuesday's $500,000 Mystery Bounty Main Event final table. He beat 1,733 opponents and got a $40,613 total payout.
The Main Event's Final Table Results
- quvai from Germany – a $40,613 total prize; $4,088 bounties, and a $36,525 prize
- overbet13 from Malta – a $27,729 total prize; $1,029 bounties, and a $26,700 prize
- UndeadCretin from the United Kingdom – a $31,997 total prize; $12,372 bounties, and a $19,625 prize
- Jordan "BanfieldJ" Banfield from Canada – a $17,326 total prize; $2,901 bounties, and a $14,425 prize
- _UpToNoG00D_ from Romania – a $12,204 total prize; $1,529 bounties and a $10,675 prize
- Max "DragoDanzig" Rokto from Finland – a $9,136 total prize; $1,186 bounties, and a $7,950 prize
- "swnov" from Romania – a $8,876 total prize; $2,901 bounties, and a $5,975 prize
- wowkit from Brazil – a $8,956 total prize; $4,431 bounties, and a $4,525 prize
- Niklas "tutten7" Astedt from Sweden – a $5,665 total prize; $2,215 bounties, and a $3,450 prize
Action at the Final Table
Nine entrants advanced to the Mystery Bounty Main Event's Day 3, and action kicked off at 7:00 p.m. GMT with UndeadCretin leading the pack having a 3,065,158 stack. Niklas "tutten7" Astedt was the table's short stack and used jack-ten to put his remaining 498,629 chips in the middle.
Max "DragoDanzig" Rotko used king-six to call and got two pair which sent Astedt packing in ninth place. The latter gave back some chips when he used a set of queens to move in on the river while _UpToNoG00D_ used pocket nines to make a 1,561,450 call.
Rotko doubled up after several hands and got pocket kings against _UpToNoG00D_, who eyed a straight flush draw. Jordan "BanfieldJ" Banfield used eights to out-flip wowkit against ace-queen and doubled up the remaining 515,490 chips.
wowkit got knocked down to more than 700,000 before his fours lost to overbet13's ace-nine. The latter landed a pair on the river and ended the former's run in eighth place. Banfield used ace-king to double up again against swnov, reducing his stack to less than one big blind.
Banfield tripled up and put his remaining 301,108 chips in the middle. UndeadCretin reshoved, and Rotko made a 3,108,964 call to form an almost 7,000,000 chip three-way all-in pot. The former used king-six to flop trips to eliminate swnov and Rotko in seventh and sixth place, respectively.
UndeadCretin's move gave him a huge chip lead. Banfield's ace-king beat _UpToNoG00D's queen-jack and busted him in fifth place. But, two double ups reduced his stack despite being second in the chip standings.
overbet13 got two aces and doubled off Banfield. The latter used the nut flush draw to shove quvai's flop, who used two tens to make a 1,448,132 call.
quvai got a full house from the turn, while Banfield's stack was reduced to 852,655 chips. The latter used ace-six to put 632,655 in the middle after several hands against UndeadCretin's pair of threes. UndeadCretin busted Banfield in fourth place.
quvai made a nut flush and doubled off UndeadCretin to reduce his chip lead and won a crucial hand in the event. He made a 400,000 raise, and UndeadCretin went all-in before quvai used two nines to make a 6,534,278 call.
UndeadCretin's king-five failed to link the board, but quvai got the stack lead in a four-handed play. The latter turned a nut straight that eliminated UndeadCretin in third place hence getting a 16,848,068:2,391,932 chip advantage over overbet13.
overbet13 used two pair to double up on the tournament's final hand and later used king-six to put his remaining 1,626,202 stack in against quvai's ace-queen. The latter turned top pair and put the former in dire need of a straight on the river. Unfortunately, overbet13 missed the straight and finished as a runner-up with $27,729, while quvai took home $40,613.